Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Around Town

So I got to thinking the other day that from the bits and pieces I manage to get on here, all my dear loyal readers must have gotten at least some small idea of what I get up to in the Southern Hemisphere, but that you likely have little idea of what my daily life is like. So, I made some time on a lovely sunny day and went about town to take a few pictures to show you.

My commute to work:
My street :) The sea is on the other side of the trees

Down the walkway towards City Centre


Cut across the lawn or carpark to the bus stops
Finding yummies:
Freshworld seems to have the best/cheapest produce,
 and I enjoy that it's right next to a very nice butcher shop for fresh meat

For everything else, Pak 'n Save is cheapest,
Burger King just inserted itself into my picture ;)

Good spot for a quick/yummy/affordable snack

Best sushi in New Plymouth :)
The walkway (which you have probably already seen endless pictures of but oh well):
Low tide, the sand is not visible once the tide comes in

The port is just around the bend, between the
beach and the rocks in the distance (called the Sugar Loaf Islands)

One of the rigs that's always offshore

Wind Wand
Spots around town:
One of the historic buildings

Old hotel

Brightest building downtown, soon to have a new restaurant
opening up inside, name of "Mexico", but I'm not holding my breath for stellar
Mexican fare, as I have yet to find any here :)

The music store that I end up at on a very regular basis :)
and two doors down is the dojo

Cool coffee shop

The "mall", although I'm told it's not really big enough to be considered a mall

Two of the churches I've performed in

Devon Street, the main street through town

No comments:

Post a Comment