Thursday, July 10, 2014

Morning, noon, and night

I used to not be a morning person. But I also used to not live right off the coast of Taranaki where I can watch the sun rise as I walk to the bus for work each morning. I do not have time tonight to write much, as I have to head out for the theater soon (show #7 in our 20-show run of Phantom!!), but as I was walking to the bus this morning and appreciating the gorgeous view in front of me, I thought what a shame it is that the rest of you are unable to see it. Then I remembered that I actually do have a way to share it with you, although the pictures are not the best quality as they were all taken on my phone. But here are a few shots of what I have seen over the past few months. During winter months the sun is just rising as I head to work and just setting as I get walk home (assuming I go straight home from work). Summer days are so long I often get up early to enjoy the morning before work, and the middle of summer stays daylight until nearly ten pm so I find excuses to be outside :)

Sunrises:




I work with a biker gang haha. Not really. In all seriousness, most of the guys in the office have motorbikes, so one day in the summer I took this when I got to work b/c the number by the front door of the office amused me, that was about half of them. It somehow inserted itself with my lovely nature pictures so figured I'd just share it :)

First thing I saw when I opened my door one morning



Noon-ish
The water on a cloudy day

Same spot during the summer 


Took this last spring (which was Nov 2013 by NZ calendar). Its currently nearly completely covered in snow, but haven't seen a clear enough day to get a good picture.

Sunset:



No comments:

Post a Comment