Friday, August 12, 2016

Happy Weekend

I think there reaches a point anytime you have moved to a new place where some of the charm starts to wear off. I have definitely reached that here, where there are certain things that I just do not understand, or occasionally find irritating about New Zealand.
But one thing I never tire of is the beautiful scenery. Everywhere I have been in this country has stunning things to see, with a wide variety of landscapes. But I am completely biased in thinking New Plymouth might be one of the prettiest places to settle down.

The mountain picture here was taken from my music room last week.
The others are from sunset Thursday night as I was driving into town.





A couple of weeks ago we went away for the weekend to visit some friends in Tauranga. We stopped in Cambridge for lunch and this was outside the cafe. And yes, I did have to stop and play it. 

Pineapple lumps are a kiwi favorite. Below is the link for a recent commercial for this unique sweet treat. Definitely worth the 30-second watch :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment