Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Busy Days

Finding spare time when my brain is interested in yet another form of writing is not easy these days, with 5 classes that are all reading and writing intensive. This is my excuse for taking so long to post something else. I am sure you are all shaking your heads and thinking that yes I chose this, and I did and I am mostly enjoying the experience, but it quickly became apparent that leisure time for things like non-academic reading or blogging would become non-existent until 1 June. I am 16 days and 9 assignments away from the end of the term :)

But enough about that. A couple of weeks ago a friend was up in the city for the weekend so we enjoyed doing a bit of exploring. I did not get photos of everything, but we enjoyed a good early 20th century display at the Auckland art gallery and a WWII exhibit at the War Memorial Museum, both excellent places to visit if you are making a list. We also found a pretzel shop selling stuffed pretzels. After a low of indecisiveness we settled on a pretzel stuff with vanilla custard and mixed berries. It was as delicious as it sounds :)

Narrow city streets

I just liked the name of this place!

The Auckland Art Gallery

Hipster Hoot - one of many owls
painted by local arts to be auctioned off as
a fundraiser for the children's hospital

Street murals

Bit of city fashion

A lovely garden we stumbled on



Unsure who this guy is but he made me feel short!

No comments:

Post a Comment