Tuesday, November 20, 2018

I'm Still Here!

Dear Readers,

I have been pretty slack about writing good posts this year, but I have a whole list of excuses if you are interested :)

Of late, my reasons are primarily due to ticking some big things off the to-list:

- I turned in (and successfully passed!) the research papers I have been laboring over since July.

- I completed my research proposal for Master's study next year (will hopefully have formal acceptance soon, cross your fingers!)

- I finished my spring cleaning list (I do not recommend flooding the laundry room as part of this exercise...)

- We have made some solid progress on wedding planning, including confirming music to use (and musicians to play it for us!), what we're wearing, wedding bands and the reception menu. Next up: CAKE!

- I made a spice rack for the kitchen :)
We have very few drawers for storing things in the kitchen, and a lot of the cabinet space is taken up with other things so adequate spice storage has been a long time coming. Troway helped ensure there were no major bloopers, but I did enjoy have a mostly - done- myself project (picture below)

- We re-finished our kitchen table.
It was a $10 thrift store purchase that has been perfectly functional, but since we only have finished the job the first time around, it needed a bit of TLC to really look nice. So last Saturday afternoon was spent sanding and cleaning and staining. We are happy with the output :)

- I got my garden planted!
And some things I did not plant....including an extra tomato and either cucumbers or zucchini, it is too early to tell. If I am really lucky maybe one will be a pumpkin, since the slugs ate the pumpkin I planted...
We also have some lovely flowers blooming, which makes all the hard clean-up work worth it.

Hope all is well in your part of the world.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!








No comments:

Post a Comment