Friday, August 21, 2015

Capitol 150 continued

Well I had thought I would get to this a bit sooner, but the last couple of weeks have been busy with teaching, rehearsals and concerts. Tonight is the first of two orchestra concerts this weekend, I am playing the glamorous part of the Contra-bassoon on the keyboard :)

Anyway, on to the topic of this post, I thought I would share more from the Wellington trip. One of the other buildings on display that weekend was the Old Government buildings (before the beehive) which are now a part of Victoria University. You would not guess it from a quick glance, but the entire building was made of timber, despite places that appear to be marble or other materials.

The beehive--current government buildings

Old Government buildings--law department of Victoria University




Entry way

The first woman to work in New Zealand government.

One of many fireplaces.

The grand staircase

Photo of a gathering at the Cenotaph during WWII.

Outside the old Government buildings were some impressive classic cars:
1937


1930



I have quite a lot to show from the WWI museum, so I think I will save that for another day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment