Thursday, February 20, 2014

@ the Piano

Towards the end of last year, the Cathedral decided to start a new recital series in 2014, called "@ the Piano." The idea behind the series was to offer exposure and performance opportunities for local pianists, and use the funds collected from the gold coin entry for a new Cathedral Choral Scholarship to offer to area students wishing to pursue choral studies.

I was honored to be asked to perform the first recital. So, for the last couple months I have been practicing away (thank you to my flatmate for patience, and my apologies to neighbors who are tired of the same songs over and over). I chose to be ambitious and order brand new music for something that has been on my list of things to learn. This was a fantastic idea, until the music arrived far later than I had planned (believe it or not, it takes longer to ship things to New Zealand than to just send it across the US!). So the practicing has been much more intense and at times probably a bit frantic these last couple weeks (my fellow musicians will understand this I know!!). But despite any stress or frustration I may have at times over my fingers apparent inability to memorize things as quickly as I want, I am quite excited for the upcoming event :)

This week, the paper shared musical news with the community so I thought I would pass it along. Unfortunately I am only able to post the link to the page, so if it does not work, and you want to see it, let me know and I can email it to you :)

http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment